With a little bit of help from Christie Ferguson of 1 Stop HR, here is an update on Government financial assistance programs now that the CERB (Canada Emergency Response Benefit) has ended.
- Canada Recovery Sickness Benefits (CRSB)
- Employees may be eligible for this program if they are unable to work because they are sick or need to self-isolate due to Covid-19 or have an underlying health condition that puts them at greater risk of getting Covid-19. This is also available for employed or self-employed individuals to apply to. There are additional eligibility requirements including that the individual cannot have applied for these benefits during the same eligibility period: CRB, CRCB, Short Term Disability, Workers Comp. EI, Quebec Parental Insurance Plan.
- Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB)
- This benefit is for individuals who are unable to work because they must care for their child under 12 years old or a family member who needs supervised care. This applies not just if the child is ill, self-isolating or at risk of serious health complications due to Covid-19 but also if their child’s school, regular program or facility is unavailable to them due to Covid-19. This would be available to employed or self-employed individuals who are eligible.
- Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB)
- This benefit is for those employed or self-employed individuals who are directly affected by Covid-19 but are not entitled to EI.
We hope this information helps. Please note that this material changes frequently – we take no responsibility for the accurateness nor the use of this material, we are just simply sharing resources in the aid to assist with information sharing as we become aware of it.
Connect with Christine Ferguson at 1 Stop HR for further details.
Located in Cambridge, ON, Sharkey Group Insurance provides independent Employee Benefits advice & counsel for Small Businesses across Ontario.