Bell Let’s Talk is on January 29, 2020.
Join the conversation and help Bell surpass a billion total messages of support for mental health and $100 million in total Bell funding.
It is very apparent that Canada is becoming more and more aware of the state of our mental well-being. Some very unsettling facts from the Canadian Mental Health Commission:
- Mental illness indirectly affects all Canadians at some time through a family member, friend or colleague.
- In any given year, 1 in 5 people in Canada will personally experience a mental health problem or illness.
- Mental illness affects people of all ages, education, income levels, and cultures.
- Approximately 8% of adults will experience major depression at some time in their lives.
- About 1% of Canadians will experience bipolar disorder (or “manic depression”).
One of the ways to help your employees and members of their families with mental illness is to make an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) part of your Benefits Plan.
Located in Cambridge, ON Sharkey Group Insurance provides independent Employee Benefits advice & counsel for Small Businesses across Ontario.