I can understand why some small business owners expect that an email from them to me saying, “Can you give me a quote? I have 4 employees.” is enough information for me to provide them with a price. Having sat down with many small business owners, I appreciate that their time is a precious commodity to them and if they can get something quick and easy, then all the better so that they can spend more time running their business.
So, here is the Quick and Easy…
Quick and Easy Option 1:
$92.20 per single employee and $189.95 per employee with dependents*
Option to add Dental: $52.85 per single employee, $130.15 per employee with dependents*
What is it? It’s a Traditional Group Insurance plan for groups of 1 – 5 employees. It’s “fully pooled”, which means that it is an off-the-shelf product that is priced the same for everyone.
- Life Insurance and AD&D – Flat $25,000
- Dependent Life Insurance – $5,000 for Spouse and $2,500 per Child
- Critical Illness – $3,000 for 17 different conditions
- Prescription Drugs – 80% reimbursement; $8 dispensing fee cap; $2,500 annual maximum
- $400 per Paramedical Practitioner – Acupuncturist, Chiropractor, Massage Therapist, Naturopath, Osteopath, Podiatrist, Physiotherapist, Psychologist, and Speech Therapist
- Eye Exams
- Medical Supplies
- Out-of-Province/Country Medical – 60 days per trip per person; $5,000,000 maximum per person
- Dental OPTION – 80% reimbursement; $1,000 maximum
Quick and Easy Option 2:
$41.67 per employee per month*
What is it? It’s a Health Care Spending Account. Works like a bank account but you can only “withdraw” the funds, if the funds are to be used to reimburse for Canada Revenue Agency approved medical expenses:
- Prescription Drugs
- Paramedical (Chiropractor, Naturopath, Registered Massage Therapist, etc…)
- Vision Care
- Orthopaedic Shoes/Inserts
- Hearing Aids
- $500 maximum (you can set it up for any amount you want but there is a $500 minimum…For example, if you want $1,000 per employee, then it will cost $83.33 per employee per month*)
*monthly rate plus applicable taxes
If you’ve done the math and determined that 1 of these options makes sense for your organization, then simply click to connect here and tell us which 1 you would like to implement and we’ll get you set up. If you’re looking for something else, then connect with us to discuss how to build “The Right Benefits Plan at The Right Price”.
Located in Cambridge, ON Sharkey Group Insurance provides independent Employee Benefits advice & counsel for Small Businesses across Ontario.