Well, it’s out! The first 2019-20 Government of Canada Weekly Flu Watch report has been published.
And, whether or not we would like to admit it, this warm weather we are experiencing is going to end…winter is on its way! Like every year, we are never sure of what surprises Mother Nature has in store for us.
According to Government reports, “Greater than 10% absenteeism on any day is most likely due to to ILI.”
To help combat Flu Season, check out the 5 Flu Myths from Remedy’s Rx.
And, these Flu Prevention Tips should help:
Flu Prevention Tips
- Get your flu vaccination earlier in the season. It takes a couple weeks to achieve full immunity. Most Pharmacists can administer the flu vaccine at the pharmacy.
- Wash hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Stay away from people who are sick. If you are sick with flu-like symptoms, stay home. If your child is sick, try to keep him or her in a separate room from others in the household.
- Contain your coughs and sneezes. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue and throw the tissue in the trash after you use it. No tissue handy? Cough or sneeze into your elbow to keep the virus from spreading through the air and other surfaces.
- Limit the spread of germs. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Keep surfaces like tables, toys and countertops clean by wiping them down with household disinfectant.
Take care of yourself this Fall and Winter!
Located in Cambridge, ON Sharkey Group Insurance provides independent Employee Benefits advice & counsel for Small Businesses across Ontario.