I know. I know. Not everyone is going to enjoy the sheer beauty of this winter scene. Some are going to see the reminder of the cold and snow ahead of us and others like myself are thinking, “When should I put the boards for our backyard rink?”.
Whichever way you choose to look at it, this warm weather we are experiencing is going to end…winter is on its way! Like every year, we are never sure of what surprises Mother Nature has in store for us.
And, this year is a doozy!
The first 2020-21 Government of Canada Weekly Flu Watch weekly report will be out shortly and with the added caveat of, “…may be influenced by the COVID-19 pandemic,…”.
If you’re in Ontario and have questions, contact Telehealth. …for free!
According to Government reports, “Greater than 10% absenteeism on any day is most likely due to to ILI.”
To help combat Flu Season, check out the 5 Flu Myths from Remedy’s Rx.
Flu Prevention Tips
- Get your flu vaccination earlier in the season. It takes a couple weeks to achieve full immunity. Most Pharmacists can administer the flu vaccine at the pharmacy…and, it’s free!
- Wash hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Stay away from people who are sick. If you are sick with flu-like symptoms, stay home. If your child is sick, try to keep him or her in a separate room from others in the household.
- Contain your coughs and sneezes. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue and throw the tissue in the trash after you use it. No tissue handy? Cough or sneeze into your elbow to keep the virus from spreading through the air and other surfaces.
- Limit the spread of germs. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Keep surfaces like tables, toys and countertops clean by wiping them down with household disinfectant.
- And, this year we are adding that when you are out in public,
- Wear a mask.
- Social Distance…keeping the length of a hockey stick away from others. 😁
- After coming back from anywhere…even if it’s from the drive-thru…wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands!
Take care of yourself this Fall and Winter!
Located in Cambridge, ON Sharkey Group Insurance provides independent Employee Benefits advice & counsel for Businesses across Ontario.